Are you experiencing financial hardship?
We know that life doesn’t always go as planned. And we understand that unexpected situations can happen which lead to financial difficulties. Such situations may include:
- injury or illness
- being made redundant
- a death in the family or death of a co-borrower
- business failure
- experiencing reduced income
- separating from your partner.
Get in contact with us if you’re experiencing financial hardship
You can tell us that you’re in financial hardship by:
- calling our hardship assistance team on 13 30 30, 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (AEST)
- writing to us at AMP Bank, Credit Services, Reply Paid 79702, PARRAMATTA NSW 2124.
We'll take the time to listen and understand your situation before deciding whether we can provide relief.
Our team will consider every request
We know everyone’s circumstances are unique. So our hardship assistance team individually assesses each request. We may ask you to provide details about:
- how your situation has changed
- your current financial position
- how hardship assistance from AMP Bank will help you with your home loan.
We’ll contact you in writing or by phone within 21 days to inform you of our decision or ask for more information. We’ll decide if we can help you by reducing your home loan repayments or giving you more time to pay.
What happens if your request is denied?
Our hardship officer will contact you to explain our decision. If you’re suffering from long-term financial hardship, it may help to talk to a financial counsellor on 1800 007 007 or visit Financial Counselling Australia.
What supporting documents should I submit?Show more
You can help us to streamline your request by downloading and preparing our Hardship assistance information form and sending this with any accompanying documents.
Depending on the situation you’re in, these are the kinds of documents we may request.
Injury or illness
- A Medical Certificate supporting your injury or illness, your time off work and the anticipated date of return to work
- A letter from your employer confirming leave
- Documentation confirming unemployment such as a Separation Certificate, or details including your redundancy or termination payments and evidence of the income of your co-borrower or guarantor
- Documentation confirming your registration as unemployed with Centrelink or Newstart Allowance Statement
A death in the family or death of a co-borrower
- A copy of the Death Certificate
- Where relevant, a letter from your solicitor or executor advising on the status of the administration of the estate
- If your business has totally failed, we may ask for documentation confirming receivership, administration, liquidation or closure of business
- If the business is suffering from a downturn, we may ask for documentation outlining the situation from an accountant including the previous year’s profit and loss statement and balance sheet
- A copy of your latest bank account statements for all other debts as well as details of any current repayment arrangements you may have with other credit providers
- A copy of your last two payslips
- A letter from your employer confirming the reduction in hours or income
- A letter from your accountant confirming the business downturn (if self-employed)
- A copy of relevant separation documentation from Centrelink and/or Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- Where possible, documentation of any Family Court Orders granted or a letter from solicitor outlining current situation
Important informationShow more
It’s important to consider your particular circumstances and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or Terms and Conditions before deciding what’s right for you. This information hasn’t taken your circumstances into account.
This information is provided by AMP Bank Limited. Read our Financial Services Guide for information about our services, including the fees and other benefits that AMP companies and their representatives may receive in relation to products and services provided to you. All information on this website is subject to change without notice.
The credit provider and product issuer is AMP Bank Limited, Australian Credit Licence 234517.