Want to consolidate with one of Australia’s largest super providers1?
At AMP we offer many ways to bring your super together. Each takes just a few minutes. And they’re all free. Better yet, if you login to My AMP all of your details will be pre-populated, making it even easier to consolidate your super and saving you time. Login to My AMP now and let us help you search for or consolidate your other super.
- If you already know your other super account details, you can start bringing that money together into your AMP account.
- If you don’t have all the details of your other super accounts, we can help you find them and consolidate with your AMP super account. All we’ll need are your contact details, date of birth and AMP account number.
- If you think you might have super you’ve forgotten about, we can help you look.
Things you should know
Before you consolidate, there are things you need to consider, such as:
- Whether you will pay any exit or withdrawal fees from your other super funds.
- Check the features and benefits you currently have in your other super funds to make sure you're not losing anything that's important to you.
- If you have insurance cover attached to your other super funds, the insurance will be cancelled if you consolidate into your AMP account. You need to carefully consider whether you have adequate insurance cover for your needs without it.
To find out the details of your current fund, you can either check your annual statement or contact the super fund.
- Tax deductions: If you've made a personal after-tax contribution to the fund you'd like to move money from, you may be eligible to claim a tax deduction. However, in order to receive this tax deduction, you will need to appropriately notify the fund of your intention to claim the deduction before exiting the fund. Find out more by reading the 'notice of intent' guide or call AMP on 1300 763 721.
1 Second largest market share by assets under management at aggregate level for retail super and corporate super and industry funds. Strategic Insight, Marketer View – Retail managed funds, December 2017.
It’s important to consider your particular circumstances and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or Terms and Conditions before deciding what’s right for you. This information hasn’t taken your circumstances into account.
This information is provided by AMP Life Limited ABN 84 079 300 379 (AMP Life). Read our Financial Services Guide for information about our services, including the fees and other benefits that AMP companies and their representatives may receive in relation to products and services provided to you. All information on this website is subject to change without notice.