Of the 16 million Australians with super, around 23% have more than one account1.
If that’s you, there may be advantages to rolling your accounts into one super fund, including:
One super fund means one set of fees, potentially saving you hundreds of dollars each year and thousands over a lifetime.
Having one fund is easier to keep track of with less paperwork and administration.
You can find super you didn't know about, as part of your consolidation.
With one fund it's easier to manage an investment strategy to meet your needs.
Things to consider
Before you do consolidate your super, there are some important things to consider, including:
- Whether you want to keep any of the features and benefits you currently have in your other super funds to make sure you're not losing anything important to you
- Whether you have insurance cover attached to your other super funds, the insurance will be cancelled if you consolidate into your AMP account. So you’ll need to carefully consider whether you have enough insurance cover for your needs without it.
Ready to consolidate?
5 steps to find your super
If you have an AMP super account, we can help you discover if there’s any other super accounts with your name on it.
Simply follow these steps:
- Login or register for My AMP
- Follow the search for my super link
- Complete a quick security check (This is required by the government– you’ll need two types of ID, like your licence, passport or Medicare number)
- Provide consent for the use of your Tax File Number
- Get your results in My AMP
You can also use the ATO’s super search services directly. Learn more
Any advice and information is provided by AWM Services Pty Ltd ABN 15 139 353 496, AFSL No. 366121 (AWM Services) and is general in nature only. It doesn’t consider your personal goals, financial situation or needs. It’s important you consider the appropriateness of any advice and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determination available at amp.com.au before deciding what’s right for you. Taxation issues are complex. You should seek professional advice before deciding to act on any information.
The super coaching session is a super health check and is provided by AWM Services and is general advice only. It does not consider your personal circumstances.
You can read our Financial Services Guide online for information about our services, including the fees and other benefits that AMP companies and their representatives may receive in relation to products and services it provides. You can also ask us for a hard copy. All information on this website is subject to change without notice. AWM Services is part of the AMP group and can be contacted on 131 267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.