Finding out how much you could borrow is an important step when starting your home buying journey. By completing our pre-qualifying home loan process, you’ll be about to see how much you could borrow, plus receive a report about your property, on the house!
When you’re done, one of our Relationship Managers will contact you within two business days to help you determine if one of our home loan products is right for you, and then guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Want to talk to someone right now?
You can – just call our AMP Bank Direct Team on 1300 534 325 Monday to Friday excluding public holidays (9am – 5pm), Sydney time and select option two.
And don’t worry, you can still get your property report, just ask your Relationship Manager when you first chat to them.
What is pre-qualification?
If you're looking to buy your first home, upgrade to your next home, purchase an investment property or refinance your existing home or investment loan, our pre-qualifying process is a good first step. It estimates the following based on the information you provide:
- Could you borrow the amount you want to borrow
- Your stamp duty costs
- Your monthly repayments
- First home buyer incentives (if you are a First Home Buyer)
No matter the outcome, one of our Relationship Managers will be in touch within two business days for a chat about what you’re looking for!
Who can use our pre-qualify process? You can if you:
- Are you over 18, and under 50
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Employed Full-time or Part-time
- Want to borrow between $100k and $1 million
- Seeking a loan to purchase or refinance a residential property
If you’re not sure this process is right for you, please give us a ring on 1300 534 325 Monday to Friday excluding public holidays (9am – 5pm), Sydney time and select Option 2 and one of our Relationship Managers will be able to help you.
What information will I need to complete the process?
We have made the pre-qualifying process as simple as possible. It should take less than 10 minutes to complete.
- We’ll ask about you (and your co-borrower if there are two of you), how much you want to borrow and how much deposit you have (if you’re purchasing a new house).
- You’ll need to provide details of your income, your monthly living expenses, any property assets or savings you have and existing loan details (both home loans, personal loans and car loans).
- During the process, we’ll be doing some simple calculations and verifying the address of the property you’re interested in (if you have provided an address). Once the form is complete, a Relationship Manager will be in touch to talk you through next steps including providing documentation and credit checks.
The credit provider is AMP Bank Limited ABN 15 081 596 009, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 234517. Approval is subject to AMP Bank guidelines. Information including interest rates is correct as at and is subject to change without notice. Terms and conditions apply and are available at amp.cm.au/bankterms or 13 30 30. Fees and charges are payable.
The information you provide is being collected by AMP Bank Limited ABN 115 081 596 009 (AMP Bank) who can be contacted on 13 30 30. AMP Bank is collecting the information to assess your ability to pre-qualify for an AMP Bank Home or Investment Loan. If you don’t provide the information requested, AMP Bank will not be able to assess whether you pre-qualify.
The information in the pre-qualifying form is indicative only and does not constitute an offer to lend.