Want to consolidate with Australia’s favourite for super1?
At AMP we offer many ways to bring your super together. Each takes just a few minutes. And they’re all free.
Better yet, if you login to My AMP all of your details will be pre-populated, making it even easier to consolidate your super and saving you time.
Login to My AMP now and let us help you search for or consolidate your other super.
- If you already know your other super account details, you can start bringing that money together into your AMP account.
- If you don’t have all the details of your other super accounts, we can help you find them and consolidate with your AMP super account. All we’ll need are your contact details, date of birth and AMP account number.
- If you think you might have super you’ve forgotten about, we can help you look.
Benefits of consolidating
For most Australians, by the time we retire, super could represent one of our biggest assets. It's real money and by consolidating you could:
- save money—one super fund means one set of fees, potentially saving you hundreds of dollars each year and thousands over a lifetime
- save time—having one fund is easier to keep track of with less paperwork and administration
- find money you didn't know about—you can conduct a lost super search as part of your consolidation
- have better control of your investments—with one fund it's easier to manage an investment strategy to meet your needs.
Things you should know
More and more of our customers are benefiting from super consolidation and you could too. But before you consolidate, you need to consider the following points:
- Whether you will pay any exit or withdrawal fees from your other super funds.
- Check the features and benefits you currently have in your other super funds to make sure you’re not losing anything that’s important to you.
- If you have insurance cover attached to your other super funds, it’s likely that the insurance will be cancelled. You need to carefully consider whether you have adequate insurance cover for your needs without it.
To find out the details of your current fund, you can either check your annual statement or contact the super fund.
- Tax deductions: If you’ve made a personal after-tax contribution to the fund you’d like to move money from, you may be eligible to claim a tax deduction. However, in order to receive this tax deduction, you will need to appropriately notify the fund of your intention to claim the deduction before exiting the fund. Find out more by reading the ‘notice of intent’ guide or call AMP on 1300 763 721.
Start bringing your super together todayGet started
Important informationShow more
It’s important to consider your particular circumstances and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before deciding what’s right for you. This information hasn’t taken your circumstances into account.
This information is provided by AMP Life Limited. Read our Financial Services Guide for information about our services, including the fees and other benefits that AMP companies and their representatives may receive in relation to products and services provided to you. All information on this website is subject to change without notice.
1 Favourite for super - largest market share by assets under management at aggregate level for super. Plan for Life, Marketer View, March 2016.