Setting up a new SMSF
Setting up a new SMSF requires a few things to be put in place to ensure it complies with superannuation laws. We can help make the set-up process easier for you by providing a Welcome Kit containing the forms and documents you’ll need to get started.
The Welcome Kit includes:
- A Trust Deed for your SMSF
- Declarations for trustees, or directors of the corporate trustee, of the fund, that they understand their duties as an SMSF trustee
- Written consents from members to act as trustees or directors of the corporate trustee of the fund and declarations that they are not “disqualified persons”
- Minutes for the first meeting of trustees
- Applications for membership of the fund
In addition we also help with other activities required to set up an SMSF, such as:
- Applying for a fund’s Australian Business Number (ABN) and Tax File Number (TFN)
- Registering the fund for GST (if required)
- Setting up a company to act as a corporate trustee (if required)
- Providing assistance with rollovers from your other superannuation accounts
- Arranging for the establishment of a linked cash account for your SMSF
Still want to learn more about SMSFs?
Important informationShow more
It’s important to consider your particular circumstances and read the relevant Financial Services Guide (including the Terms and Conditions) before deciding what’s right for you. This information hasn’t taken your circumstances into account. On this page ‘you' and ‘your’ means the trustee(s) of your SMSF. As a trustee of your SMSF you are ultimately responsible for your SMSF, including the investment decisions that you make for your SMSF. If you need assistance, please seek a financial adviser. Any tax information provided is general, intended as a guide only, and based on our understanding of taxation laws current at date of publication. It is not a substitute for specialised taxation advice or an assessment of liabilities, obligations or entitlements that arise, or could arise, under tax law. We recommend consulting a registered tax agent / tax professional. Consider the SMSF Administration Solutions Pty Ltd Financial Services Guides (including Terms and Conditions) for information about our services, fees, and the remuneration and other benefits that AMP companies and their representatives may receive in relation to products and services provided to you.
The AMP SMSF Administration service is offered by SMSF Administration Solutions Pty Ltd ABN 76 097 695 988 AFSL 291195 trading as AMP SMSF Administration, an AMP Group Company.