We’ve opened up our disaster relief package, including financial advice for those who have been severely affected by the bushfires. So if you're experiencing hardship, please call us on 13 30 30. We’ll look at your circumstances and work out how best we can help.

You may also be eligible for government help – check if you’re able to claim

Above all else, we hope you stay safe.


How we can help

Under AMP’s disaster relief package we can offer help through a range of options, including:

  • Financial advice at no cost - for those who’ve been severely affected by the bushfires. Find out more
  • Bank deposits – waiving certain fees for customers requiring urgent access to their funds
  • Home loans – temporarily postponing payments or making other arrangements based on your circumstances
  • Super – if the ATO has assessed that you’re eligible on compassionate grounds, releasing your super early to help with medical and other expenses. Visit ato.gov.au for more information
  • Pensions – allowing faster access to pension payments

If you’re not sure, call us on 13 30 30 between 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday, or 9am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday (AEST) or contact your financial adviser to find out how AMP can help.

How to get in touch

If you're an AMP customer, please get in contact with us if you’ve been impacted by the Australian bushfire crisis. We'll take the time to listen, understand your situation and do our best to help.


9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (AEST)


8.30am – 7pm, Monday to Friday (AEST)


Mon - Fri: 8.30am – 7pm (AEST)

Register your interest for financial advice

Available to AMP clients and anyone severely affected by the bushfire crisis.



How can AMP help me?

Our disaster relief package is available for those affected by the recent bushfires and going through financial hardship as a result.

If you’re affected, call us – we can spend time understanding your circumstances and discuss options for how we can help.

  • For banking or home loans: call 13 30 30
  • For super, insurance and pensions: call 131 267

We’re also offering financial advice at no cost, to those who are significantly affected. Find out more

What does financial hardship mean?

Financial hardship refers to a lack of income or money to pay for your needs and ongoing living costs – in this case, as a result of the Australian bushfire crisis. It includes things like:

  • Loss of property
  • Inability to earn a living (eg if you or your partner’s workplace or capacity to earn money is affected)
  • Lack of access to cash to pay bills and living expenses
  • Inability to meet loan repayments
  • Inability to meet insurance payments

If you’re affected by the bushfires and finding it hard to cope financially, we’re here to help.

What’s included in the AMP disaster relief package?

Our help isn’t a one size fits all approach. We can tailor how to help you, depending on your circumstances. Some ways may include:

  • Waiving certain fees for customers requiring urgent access to their funds (eg money in a term deposit)
  • Reviewing your home loan and agreeing to interest only, or a postponement of loan repayments for a while
  • Three-month waiver of insurance premiums
  • Providing you with access to financial advice

Is there government support available?

Yes. Each state has assistance packages for those affected by the bushfires.

The link below provides information about each package and what you can do to apply for support.

Find out more

What other help is available?

What else should I do?

If you’ve been affected by the bushfires, the most important thing to do is stay safe. Register your safety with the Red Cross (and/or find loved ones)

Then, depending on your circumstances, let the following people (outside of family and friends) know what’s going on:

  • Your insurers
  • Your banks and lenders
  • Your employer
  • Utility companies such as phone, gas and electricity
  • Your children’s schools
  • Post office (to hold your mail if required)
  • Services Australia (Centrelink) on 180 22 66 (if you’re currently receiving government benefits or want to apply for support).
  • Your financial adviser, if you have one.

They should have a plan for times like these and may be able to help you.

The department of the Prime Minister has also advised that mobile service centres will head into affected regions when it’s safe to do so. They will assist with all government payment services, including disaster payments. Find out more

I haven’t lost my home, but I’m still affected by the bushfires

Financial hardship from the bushfires isn’t restricted to losing property. It also includes a capacity to earn an income and/or pay bills. Or, perhaps you’re supporting a loved one who is affected by the bushfires, which has caused further financial burden on you.

Whatever your situation, help is available. If you’re affected, call us – we will spend time understanding your circumstances and discuss options for how we can help.

  • For banking or home loans: call 13 30 30
  • For super, insurance and pensions: call 131 267

I don’t have any paperwork or documents to make a request or claim

We understand that, due to the fires, you may have lost or not have access to important documents. Our service teams are on hand to work through this situation with you.

  • For banking or home loans: call 13 30 30
  • For super, insurance and pensions: call 131 267

I’m not coping, where can I get help?

Being physically safe is only the beginning. Trauma caused by bushfires can have a lasting impact on your emotional health, so it’s important to get help.

If you, or any of your loved ones are struggling emotionally, please get help from your local GP, or call one of the numbers below.

National support networks include:

  • Lifeline: 13 11 14
  • Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
  • Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636
  • Mental Health Line: 1800 011 511
  • Kids Help Line: 1800 551 800
  • Mensline Australia: 1300 78 99 78
  • GriefLine: 1300 845 745

State support networks include:

I need funds now, but don’t have access to them. What are my options?

Call us on 13 30 30. We’ll spend time understanding your circumstances and discuss how best we can help you access your funds.

Can I access my super funds?

There are some specific circumstances where the law allows you to draw on your super early, such as on compassionate grounds. Find out more.

I can’t contact my adviser, what should I do?

If you have an AMP adviser, but can’t get in touch with them, call us on 13 30 30 and we can put you in touch.

If you don’t have an adviser, but need financial advice, we can help you find one near you.

What you need to know

All banking products are issued by AMP Bank Limited ABN 15 081 596 009, AFSL and Australian credit licence 234517

Products in the AMP Super Fund and the Wealth Personal Superannuation and Pension Fund are issued by N.M. Superannuation Proprietary Limited (N.M. Super) ABN 31 008 428 322 (trustee), which is part of the AMP group (AMP). Before deciding what’s right for you, it’s important to consider your particular circumstances and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement, Target Market Determination or Terms and Conditions available from AMP at amp.com.au or by calling 131 267. Read AMP’s Financial Services Guide for information about our services, including the fees and other benefits that AMP companies and their representatives may receive in relation to products and services provided to you.

Any advice and information provided is general in nature, hasn’t taken your circumstances into account, and is provided by AWM Services Pty Ltd ABN 15 139 353 496 (AWM Services), which is part of the AMP group (AMP). All information on this website is subject to change without notice.

Financial advice is provided by:

  • AMP Financial Planning Pty Limited ABN 89 051 208 327, AFSL 232706
  • Charter Financial Planning Limited ABN 35 002 976 294, AFSL 234665
  • iPAC Securities Limited ABN 30 008 587 595, AFSL 234656
  • Hillross Financial Services Limited ABN 77 003 323 055, AFSL 232705