How do I transfer funds overseas?
To send a Telegraphic Transfer (also called a SWIFT or overseas transfer) please contact us on 13 30 30. The information that we will need at the time of your call is:
- Currency the funds are to be sent in
- Amount of currency to be sent
- Payee name (who you want the funds to be sent to)
- Payee address
- Payee account number
- The name of the bank that the funds are being sent to
- The address of the bank that the funds are being sent to
- SWIFT/BIC code (for example, ASB New Zealand is ASBBNZ2AXXX)
Some countries require additional information to be provided:
- IFSC code (if sending to India)
- CNAPS code (if sending to China)
Fees and charges apply
How do I receive funds from overseas?
To receive a Telegraphic Transfer into your account, provide the other bank with the following:
- BSB Number 939-200
- Your AMP Bank account number
- Your AMP Bank account name
- AMP Bank's SWIFT/BIC code AMPBAU2SRET
AMP Bank's address:
Level 2, 2-12 Macquarie street,
Parramatta NSW 2124
Note: We can only receive funds that have already been converted into Australian dollars. Fees and charges apply.
What you need to know
The credit provider and bank product issuer is AMP Bank Limited ABN 15 081 596 009, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 234517.