AMP was founded on a simple yet bold idea - that every individual should have the power and ability to control his or her life.
For more than 160 years, we've dedicated ourselves to making this possible. And while we've grown and changed over the decades, one thing has remained the same - our unwavering sense of purpose to help people own tomorrow.
Today we are the leading independent wealth management company in Australia and New Zealand, helping more than four million customers with:
- financial advice
- superannuation, retirement income and other investment products for individuals
- superannuation services for businesses
- administration, banking and investment services for self-managed super funds
- income protection, disability and life insurance
- selected banking products, and
- investments in shares, fixed interest, property, infrastructure, multi-manager and multi-asset funds.
- AMP has the largest financial advice network in Australia and New Zealand with 4,441 aligned and employed financial advisers and planners.
- We are helping more than 4 million customers in Australia and New Zealand
- We manage A$205 billion in assets for our customers.
- We have around 835,000 shareholders.
- 5,697 employees around the world help support our financial planners, customers and shareholders.
- AMP Capital is one of the largest property managers in Australasia, managing more than $17 billion in assets.
AMP provides customers in Australia and New Zealand with:
- financial planning and advice
- superannuation services for businesses and employer-sponsored schemes, and
- selected banking products.
Our products and services are provided through the largest financial advice network in Australia and New Zealand, of 4,441 aligned and employed financial advisers and planners. We also have extensive relationships with external financial advisers.
AMP's financial advice network includes AMP Financial Planning, Charter Financial Planning, Genesys, Hillross, ipac, Quadrant Securities, smsf advice, Spicers, Tynan Mackenzie, AdviceFirst and AMP 360. Together they are helping customers build financial security.
AMP's wholesale superannuation business provides superannuation and insurance services to more than 50,000 companies and 500,000 members in Australia. These products and services are distributed directly by AMP and through our financial adviser network.
AMP Bank is a direct bank which provides residential mortgages, deposit and transactions accounts and SMSF products to around 100,000 customers. These are provided through mortgage brokers and AMP aligned financial advisers, and directly to customers via phone and internet banking.
AMP is a leading provider of superannuation products, one of the most tax-effective ways to save for retirement. We can help determine the best strategies to help you reach your goals and own your tomorrow.
We also provide a range of personal risk insurance products to help provide financial security. These include life insurance, total and permanent disability cover, income protection and trauma cover which can held independently or included as part of an individual or group's superannuation fund.
Our self-managed super fund (SMSF) administration, support and design make it easier for individuals to make their own investment decisions about their superannuation. We help with compliance, audits, tax returns and keep the day-to-day paperwork in order for you.
Our products and services are primarily distributed through our network of self-employed financial planners and advisers, as well as through extensive relationships with independent financial advisers. Our planners and advisers use market-leading technology such as our flagship platform North, which wraps together a wide range of investment options along with our award-winning capital and income guarantee products.
AMP's Customer Solutions team focuses on understanding customer needs, designing solutions and offers to meet those customer needs and then coordinating to take those offers to market.
Customer Solutions plays a key role in the development of enterprise strategy, planning and target setting. It manages AMP's brand, customer segments, strategic marketing, sales activities, digital solutions, design and innovation functions and incubates new ventures (such as self-managed superannuation).
AMP Capital is a diversified investment manager, providing investment services for domestic and international companies. Through a team of in-house investment professionals and a carefully selected global network of investment partners, AMP Capital manages A$144 billion in funds for investors across major asset classes including shares, fixed income, property, infrastructure, multi-manager and multi-asset funds. AMP Capital also provides commercial, industrial and retail property management services.
AMP Capital has established operations in Australia and New Zealand and a growing international presence with offices in Bahrain, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and the United States, allowing it to source offshore investment opportunities.
In March 2012, AMP Capital and Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (MUTB) formed a strategic business and capital alliance, with MUTB acquiring a 15 per cent ownership interest in AMP Capital.
In November 2013, AMP Capital launched a joint venture funds management company in China with China Life Asset Management Company, called China Life AMP Asset Management Company. In January 2014, the China Life AMP Money Market Fund, the first product offered by the joint venture, raised A$2.2 billion during its IPO period.
Information on AMP products and services
- Australia: Visit amp.com.au or call 133 888 within Australia
- New Zealand: Visit amp.co.nz or call 0800 267 111 within New Zealand
- For AMP Capital products and services: Visit ampcapital.com.au or call 1800 658 404