18 Jan 2019
Find out what goals our readers are prioritising this year.
AMP ran a competition on Facebook asking our readers what their goals were in 2019 and how they planned to stick to them.
It turns out, saving and helping others along the way were on the top of most people's list of things to do.
What our readers said they're prioritising in the new year
- My bestie and I are saving $150 a week so we can spend her 50th in Vegas! We’re keeping the itinerary on the fridge and ticking off what the savings are paying for as we go.
- My financial goal is to make sure my kids understand the importance of saving for their futures, while creating a regular savings plan at the same time.
- I want to complete my studies while working and raising two boisterous boys. I’m also saving for our first family holiday with a strict schedule and budget.
- In 2019 I'll be sharing more of what I have. I've already got plenty and there's no greater feeling than helping others. I'm investing in a better world!
- I plan to continue to build up the 'reduce, reuse, recycle' way of life. Good for the environment and my finances.
- I want to set aside more money for retirement. You're never too young to start saving more superannuation and I plan to give up my daily coffee to kickstart my goal.
- I will reduce my energy bills by going solar. With the money saved, I'm planning to invest in a personal trainer course, giving me a 'legs-up' towards good health.
- I want to go from renter to home owner through more home cooking, baking, reusing school supplies and recycling unused items on buy and sell pages.
- My goal is to save 50% of my income and I'm doing that by immediately transferring it into a separate bank account.
- I want to save, so instead of thinking 'buy buy', I'm saying 'bye bye' to unnecessary spending.
Need a hand with your financial goals?
Whatever your plans, if you're looking for more tips and insights for the year ahead, check out our AMP Financial Help Hub.
Meanwhile, our budget planner calculator might help you to crunch some numbers and the AMP Bett3r Account could help you to stay on track financially as it enables you to track bills, set up savings goals and know what’s safe to spend
09 Apr 2019
Here are some ways you may be able to benefit your bod, while upping the change in your back pocket at the same time.Read more
Important informationShow more
Any advice in this page is general in nature and is provided by AMP Life Limited ABN 84 079 300 379 (AMP Life). The advice does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Therefore, before acting on this advice, you should consider the appropriateness of this advice having regard to those matters. AMP Bett3r Account is issued by AMP Bank Limited ABN 15 081 596 009, AFSL 234517. Consider the terms and conditions available on request by calling 13 30 30 or at amp.com.au/bett3r and whether this product is appropriate for you. Fees and charges apply.
All information on this website is subject to change without notice. Although the information is from sources considered reliable, AMP does not guarantee that it is accurate or complete. You should not rely upon it and should seek qualified advice before making any financial decision. Except where liability cannot be excluded, AMP does not accept any liability for any resulting loss or damage.