Our recent article on travel hacks got our readers tapping their keyboards to give us their own closely-guarded travel tips. Below are some of our favourites for you to share:
- Put your name on it - if your little one has a favourite stuffed animal, get a pet collar with a name tag and your phone number on it, so if it gets lost it will (hopefully!) find its way back to you.
- Have key information to hand - it might sound obvious, but always know how to contact your country's embassies and consulates overseas and save a scanned copy of all your important documents in your cloud storage on your phone, tablet or computer.
- Be prepared - Pack a t-shirt, undies and socks in your carry-on luggage. That way, you’ll have clean clothes for an overnight stay if your baggage is lost or delayed.
- Do the stomp - for an innovative twist on clothes drying, try the sushi towel. Wash your clothes in the bathroom, roll them up in a towel and then stomp on it. Your clothes will dry much faster this way.
- Be power ready - instead of buying multiple electrical adaptors, just get one and bring a power board to charge everything!
- Read reviews - take the time to read through reviews on websites and apps like Trip Advisor for travellers’ tips on everything from hotels and flights through to landmarks and restaurants.
But just remember while you’re having great fun and good times, no matter how much you plan, the best laid plans can still go awry. The most important thing is to try and stay safe and make sure all your memories of your holidays are good ones.
If you’d like help with keeping your finances on track while you’re away, call us on 131 287 or you can find an adviser in your local area.