Find out what goals our readers are prioritising this year.
AMP ran a competition on Facebook asking our readers what their goals were in 2019 and how they planned to stick to them. It turns out, saving and helping others along the way were on the top of most people's list of things to do.
What our readers said they're prioritising in the new year
- My bestie and I are saving $150 a week so we can spend her 50th in Vegas! We’re keeping the itinerary on the fridge and ticking off what the savings are paying for as we go.
- My financial goal is to make sure my kids understand the importance of saving for their futures, while creating a regular savings plan at the same time.
- I want to complete my studies while working and raising two boisterous boys. I’m also saving for our first family holiday with a strict schedule and budget.
- In 2019 I'll be sharing more of what I have. I've already got plenty and there's no greater feeling than helping others. I'm investing in a better world!
- I plan to continue to build up the 'reduce, reuse, recycle' way of life. Good for the environment and my finances.
- I want to set aside more money for retirement. You're never too young to start saving more superannuation and I plan to give up my daily coffee to kickstart my goal.
- I will reduce my energy bills by going solar. With the money saved, I'm planning to invest in a personal trainer course, giving me a 'legs-up' towards good health.
- I want to go from renter to home owner through more home cooking, baking, reusing school supplies and recycling unused items on buy and sell pages.
- My goal is to save 50% of my income and I'm doing that by immediately transferring it into a separate bank account.
- I want to save, so instead of thinking 'buy buy', I'm saying 'bye bye' to unnecessary spending.
Need a hand with your financial goals?
Whatever your plans, if you're looking for more tips and insights for the year ahead, check out our AMP Financial Help Hub.
Meanwhile, our budget planner calculator might help you to crunch some numbers and the AMP Bett3r Account could help you to stay on track financially as it enables you to track bills, set up savings goals and know what’s safe to spend
3 biggest household expenses05 November 2019 | Manage my money We check out the three largest contributors to household spending in Australia and where people would source cash if living expenses increased. Find out more with AMP. Read more
Tips for when you land your first full-time job29 January 2019 | Manage my money Congratulations on scoring your first full-time job. To get you up to speed with some of the important money-related stuff, here are some tips from AMP. Read more
14 money mistakes to avoid in your younger years24 April 2019 | Manage my money Which of these rookie errors sound all too familiar when it comes to you and your squad? Find out more with AMP. Read more
This information is provided by AMP Life Limited ABN 84 079 300 379 (AMP Life). It is general information only and hasn’t taken your circumstances into account. It’s important to consider your particular circumstances and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or Terms and Conditions, available by calling 13 30 30, before deciding what’s right for you. Read our Financial Services Guide for information about our services, including the fees and other benefits that AMP companies and their representatives may receive in relation to products and services provided to you.
All banking products are issued by AMP Bank Limited ABN 15 081 596 009, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 234517.
All information on this website is subject to change without notice. Although the information is from sources considered reliable, AMP does not guarantee that it is accurate or complete. You should not rely upon it and should seek professional advice before making any financial decision. Except where liability under any statute cannot be excluded, AMP does not accept any liability for any resulting loss or damage of the reader or any other person.