When you change jobs and life gets busy, you can sometimes lose track of your super. But leaving super scattered in different accounts could mean you pay multiple sets of fees.
The good news is it’s really quick and easy to find your super. And it’s a free service we make available to AMP super customers. Just tell us a few things about yourself and we’ll find your super. Not an AMP super customer yet? Learn more and become one today.
What happens next
Once you receive your super search results and understand where your super is, you can decide what to do with it. You might consider bringing it together with AMP because we’re Australia’s favourite for super1, we’ve been helping people with their finances for almost 170 years and you’ll be joining millions of Australians who choose us. It’s an important decision and you need to consider what is right for you.
Things you should know
Before you consolidate, there are things you need to consider, such as:
- Whether you will pay any exit or withdrawal fees from your other super funds.
- Check the features and benefits you currently have in your other super funds to make sure you're not losing anything that's important to you.
- If you have insurance cover attached to your other super funds, the insurance will be cancelled if you consolidate into your AMP account. You need to carefully consider whether you have adequate insurance cover for your needs without it.
To find out the details of your current fund, you can either check your annual statement or contact the super fund.
- Tax deductions: If you've made a personal after-tax contribution to the fund you'd like to move money from, you may be eligible to claim a tax deduction. However, in order to receive this tax deduction, you will need to appropriately notify the fund of your intention to claim the deduction before exiting the fund. Find out more by reading the 'notice of intent' guide or call AMP on 1300 763 721.
You may like to speak to a financial adviser to help determine what option might be right for you.
It’s your super - do you know where it is?Start searching
Important informationShow more
It’s important to consider your particular circumstances and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before deciding what’s right for you. This information hasn’t taken your circumstances into account.
This information is provided by AMP Life Limited. Read our Financial Services Guide for information about our services, including the fees and other benefits that AMP companies and their representatives may receive in relation to products and services provided to you. All information on this website is subject to change without notice.
1. Favourite for super and retirement – largest market share by assets under management at aggregate level for retail super, corporate super, government super funds and industry funds. Strategic Insight, Marketer View – Retail managed funds, September 2017.