Why was the service developed?
When a person’s job is made redundant, they are often offered the opportunity to have outplacement services to help them find a new job.
Beyond this, there’s often little to no support for employees to take control of their finances during their career transition. But our new redundancy support program provides employees with access to financial education, support and advice from accredited financial advisers.
The program helps employees understand the advantages of reviewing their super fund before they leave their employer. Employees can talk to a financial adviser about their super benefits, discounts and insurance cover so they know what will happen when they leave the organisation.
Benefits of the program
- For employers and HR advisers - training and ongoing support to implement the program
- For employees - education, support and access to advice from qualified financial advisers.
Why would you use it?
As an employer, you can feel comfortable knowing that the program provides:
- HR training and support – help for your HR team to understand how the program can help.
- A redundancy kit – a tailored kit of resources for you to give departing employees covering redundancy payments, benefit entitlements, super and insurance.
- Managing your money – a tailored program of education and advice that helps all affected employees to understand their options and get the support they need.
The next time your organisation needs to be restructured – or, if you just need ongoing support for one or a number of employees - consider the value that the AMP Redundancy Support Program can bring.
Redundancy is a difficult time for all involved, but the right support can make a difference.
Our support program team is ready to go and we have the flexibility to work with your outplacement provider.
If you would like to know more about our Redundancy Support Program, please contact your AMP account manager for more information.
1 Australian Bureau of Statistics, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/products/795FEBA87AB92A40CA257D0E001AC702?OpenDocument
2 Fair Work Ombudsman, http://www.fairwork.gov.au/ending-employment/redundancy