Who we are
It started with a big idea
AMP was founded on a simple yet bold idea – one so powerful that it resonates as strongly today as it did over 160 years ago. It was a belief that we could help empower people to achieve the futures they wanted.
Today, we are the leading independent wealth management company in Australia and New Zealand. We’ve evolved dramatically over the years and are committed to helping over four million customers own their tomorrows.
A business as diverse as our customers
The needs of AMP’s customers are wide and diverse. In order to help them own the tomorrows they’re aiming for, we offer a broad range of products and services, including:
- industry leading financial advice
- superannuation, retirement income and other investment products for individuals
- superannuation services for businesses
- income protection, disability and life insurance
- selected banking products.
Key facts about AMP
- AMP has the largest financial advice network in Australia and New Zealand with more than 4,400 aligned and employed financial advisers.
- We are helping more than four million customers in Australia and New Zealand.
- We manage more than $200 billion in assets for our customers.
- We have around 835,000 shareholders.
- More than 5,600 employees around the world help support our financial advisers, customers and shareholders.
- AMP Capital is one of the largest property managers in Australasia, managing more than $17 billion in real estate assets.
Why join AMP?
The opportunity to make an impact
At AMP, we’re lucky to have an incredible team of people who believe in our promise, to help people live with financial dignity and security.
For the right candidates, we’re offering the opportunity to join this team and play a role in building the AMP of the future. We have several projects rolling out across our business that will give you the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of our customers.
We need more people who care passionately about delivering customer outcomes – because they care deeply about our customers and are committed to doing the right thing.
Through this focus, we’ll be making a significant contribution to the future of the financial services industry. You can help us to make this happen.
The flexibility to achieve your goals
We give you the ability to define what working means for you.
We want people ready to make an impact and we offer a wide range of flexible working options to make it easier for you to give your best. Whether this be part time or compressed hours, remote working or purchasing extra leave - we want to support you on your journey to achieve both your personal and professional goals.
At AMP, we care deeply about our employee’s wellbeing and we offer a range of benefits to support you financially, personally and professionally. From our onsite wellness center at our Circular Quay HQ, to volunteering opportunities and retail discounts, we are here to support you.
The value of an inclusive and diverse team
Our customers are many different people, and so are we. Which is perfect.
We need all kinds of ideas, approaches and perspectives to stay in tune with our customers and give them what they need. There's lots of diverse thinking at AMP and being inclusive lets us switch it on.
It sounds big, but we want to improve the lives of our customers, our people, our business partners and our communities by being a truly inclusive business.
- A business that helps our people play to their strengths. This means we:
- invite and value different ways of thinking and doing things
- harness this difference to innovate and make great decisions
- tackle bias and inequity head on
- create strong relationships with one another to create them with our customers and business partners; and
- work together to build an environment that helps us be our best, every single day.
For us, inclusion is key to connecting with our people and customers. Without it, diverse thinking can never be heard.
We do a lot to help people play to their strengths, like making AMP a great place to work for both men and women. We look at the ways we recruit our people, develop and promote them, pay them and recognize and reward their performance.
Policies and practices that support all our people—like flexible work—are also incredibly important to finding and running a great team