TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Participation/entry in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions).
2. The promoter of this promotion is AMP Bank Limited ABN 15 081 596 009 of 33 Alfred Street, Sydney NSW 2000 who can be contacted on 133 888 (Promoter). The Promoter means the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate.
Who can enter?
3. An eligible person:
- a) is an Australian resident; and
- b) is not an employee or contractor (or an employee or contractor’s immediate family member) of the Promoter (and its related bodies corporate); and
- c) is not an agency associated with this promotion; and
- d) does not currently hold, or has never previously held, an AMP Saver account or AMP eASYSaver account in their name.
Collectively, (a) to (d) above are referred to as “Eligible Person/s”.
4. Subject to the Terms and Conditions set out below, any Eligible Person will be eligible to enter the promotion. No other individuals are eligible to enter this promotion.
5. There will be 1 prize winner.
6. In order to collect their prize, the Promoter will arrange for the winner to open a new AMP Saver account. The winner will then receive one thousand Australian dollars (AUD$1,000) deposited into their new AMP Saver account, conditional upon the Promoter receiving the required consent, information and documents from the winner to open their account, and subject to their account being opened.
7. The maximum prize value is one thousand Australian dollars (AUD$1,000) which will be deposited into the winner’s new AMP Saver account.
8. Total maximum prize pool value is $1,000.
9. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
10. There may be tax implications of winning the prize and entrants need to seek their own advice about these implications.
How to enter
11. Promotion commences at 9:00am Sydney time on 29 May 2019 and closes 11:59pm Sydney time on 19 June 2019 (Promotional Period).
12. To enter, Eligible Persons must satisfy all criteria set out in paragraph 12 (a) to (b) below, during the Promotional Period (Entry):
- The entry is by an Eligible Person.
- In the comment section of the competition post by the Promoter, the Eligible Person must tell us what they are currently saving for and why they are in need of a savings boost in 25 words or less.
13. All entries must be received by 11:59pm Sydney time on 19 June 2019.
14. Only one (1) Entry is permitted per Eligible Person.
Promoter’s rights with respect to entries and entrants
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to:
- verify the validity of the Entry and the identity of entrants (including an entrant’s name, age, email address and place of residence); and
- to disqualify any entrant who:
- is not an Eligible Person;
- submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- tampers with the entry process; and
- accept in its absolute discretion any entries that contain errors or omissions.
16. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- to disqualify any entrant;
- to disqualify any Entry; or
- subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to take such steps as the Promoter considers reasonably necessary
to address the interference or change of circumstances which may include modification, suspension, termination or cancellation of the Promotion.
17. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
18. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. One (1) winner will be selected by an expert employed by or contracted to the Promoter based on the creativity and ingenuity from all valid Entries received within the Promotional Period.
20. This Promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the prize winners.
21. The prize winner will personally be notified via a Facebook comment in reply to their entry within two days of the prize draw and by no later than 11:59pm Sydney time on 21 June 2019. The prize winner must contact the Promoter to claim his/her prize by no later than 11:59pm Sydney time on 21 September 2019.
22. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of this Promotion including selection of the prize winners is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
23. By accepting the prize, the prize winners agree to cooperate with the Promoter in regard to further promotion, marketing, publicity and feedback purposes.
24. Each prize will be awarded to the respective prize winner within 2 weeks after the prize winner claims their prize.
Unavailable and unclaimed prizes
25. If any prize is unavailable due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
26. If any prize is unclaimed by 11:59pm Sydney time on 21 September 2019, a draw for any unclaimed prize may take place on 24 September 2019 at the same time of day and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winner(s) name(s) will be notified in reply to their entry within the Facebook post. If any prize for the unclaimed prize draw is unclaimed by 11:59pm Sydney time on 24 December 2019, the prize will be forfeited.
27. If for any reason this Promotion does not run as planned by the Promoter or is likely not to run as planned by the Promoter, the Promoter may take such steps as it considers reasonably necessary to manage the risks associated with the divergence which may include modification, suspension, termination or cancellation of the Promotion.
Privacy and Consent of the entrant
28. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s Entry, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same (where applicable)) in any media without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), promoting future promotions of the Promotor (of any kind), promoting the Promoter and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
29. Entrants acknowledge that they do not have any rights (including copyright) in their Entry (whole or in part) and the Promotor may reproduce, publish, distribute and use the Entry (whole or in part) including:
- in any and all media (including any articles, publications, materials or websites of the Promotor); and/or
- in the development of any products or services,
that are now or in the future prepared or used by the Promotor. Entrants also voluntarily waive all moral rights they may have in the Entry (whole or in part). Alternatively, to the extent this is not possible, entrants consent to the Promotor not identifying the entrant as the author of the Entry, making any changes (material or otherwise) to the Entry and using the Entry, whether changes have been made or not, in the manner contemplated in these Terms and Conditions.
32. The entrant is solely liable for the costs he or she incurs in entering the Promotion and claiming a prize.
No Liability of the Promoter
33. Neither the Promoter nor its officers, employees or agents are liable for:
- a personal injury or distress caused by a prize; or
- any loss, damage or expense (including loss of opportunity) suffered directly or indirectly as a result of entering or winning the promotion, except for injury, loss, damage or expense caused by the fraud, gross negligence or breach of contract by the Promoter.
The types of liabilities contemplated by the sub-paragraphs directly above include, but are not limited to, technical difficulties, equipment malfunction, theft, unauthorised access, an entry or prize claim which is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to an act or omission beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or tax liability.