Master of Financial Planning
The Master of Financial Planning aligns with AMP's recently announced higher education standards providing a pathway for new entrants as well as existing financial advisers in the AMP network to further their education. While having a Masters is by no means essential right now, you might be the type of person that craves a head start. If so, this might be the perfect qualification for you.
You might be wondering what differentiates this Masters from others in the marketplace. Quite simply, it is the only one of its kind that combines the theoretical expertise of a university with the practical implementation of Australia’s largest financial advice network. This qualification isn’t just about learning theories and models; it’s also about putting them into practice with one of the country’s most respected financial institutions.
On completion of the modules in one and a half years (full time) or two and a half years (part time), you’ll be eligible to:
- Join one of the practices within the AMP network as a financial adviser.
- Start your own financial planning practice as a self-employed business owner with AMP.
- Further your education by progressing towards the CFP designation, since you now qualify for three exemptions.
Financial Planning Skills and Financial Planning
Financial Planning Skills course is delivered by expert coaches at AMP and includes a three week residential component, which is adapted from the award winning Horizons Career Changer program, and provides the practical skills a successful financial adviser needs.
This course builds on the technical knowledge acquired in other courses and equips students with the practical knowledge and skills required to build and manage long-term, trusting relationships with clients. It encourages students to consider how best to engage their clients at each stage of the financial planning process, by truly understanding client needs, providing strategies and solutions that are in the best interests of the client. This course is practical in nature and uses activities and client appointment simulations to empower planners (or future planners) to have deeply human conversations with their clients. This course is about taking your academic studies and applying them to real client's over the long term, thereby making you client ready.
During Financial Planning Practice, you will take part in a paid work placement working as a financial adviser in AMP Horizon’s Financial Planning practice under the guidance and support of our coaches.
During the residential element of Financial Planning Skills and for the whole Financial Planning practice subject, temporary interstate relocation may be required, which you are responsible to fund.
To be eligible for the Master of Financial Planning, you need:
- Access to a reliable computer with a high-speed internet connection, webcam, and microphone.
- Meet Griffith University minimum entry requirements.
- Business acumen and motivation to become a financial adviser with AMP upon graduation.
- The focus and dedication needed to commit to online study.
- Permanent residence or Australian citizenship.
- A valid Australian driving licence.